Free Reroll or Paid Reroll?
A good rule of thumb is that if you have any LG gear, do a paid reroll. If you don't, then go the free reroll route. Keep in mind a paid reroll is 5 TCs. And if you do a free reroll, move all your gear to another toon, or it'll be auto-sold. On free rerolls, you keep Travel gear, Gold, TCs, Gift Boxes, Expanders, and nothing else. Everything else would be sold and you get the gold value.
Before you reroll, you should prepare some. Here's a list of things to know and be aware of:
- Do whatever quests you can, until you can't, to maximize your Learning experience.
- Use /rerollinfo. It will tell you some info about your quests, like how many quest-resetting rerolls you have done, and how many days until your quests can reset.
- Have some gear ready. Really, you just need a good weapon. The Grass Sword (slashing 2) in t1 (Castille) will get you to t2 (Stronhad). If you have the ability, then having a 59 1h BSM (Blood Spike Mace) (crushing 59) in t2 waiting for you is the easiest way to go. At level 20, you can get Dual Wield, and wield a second one too.
- Have a stack or two of trophies stockpiled in t1, and as many trophies stockpiled in t2 as possible to give to your reroller. This way you can level Crushing up to 59 to wield those weapons. If you have more trophies, then level any DPS increasing skills. To dual wield, you'll need to get to level 20 first and level Dual Wield at least 1 level.
- Have some potions ready. Succubus (vamp) potion, Armor potion, or Knowledge potion are generally best to start with.
- You can't reroll with anything in your gem pouches, or equipped. Remember to take everything off, and clean out your pouches.
After you reroll, you start off in the first town, Castille, also known as t1. Here are some tips:
- Zone bonuses don't work until you are level 5. You can ignore them until then, for better or worse.
- Use potions.
- If you have Companions, they reset. You need to go to their screen and re-activate.
- You need to reactivate runes as well. If you have multiple rune sets, don't forget the others. Ironclad, Spike, and Wise runes are great starters. However, flat stat runes (like 80 str) can be more helpful at low levels than a % dmg rune, if you have enough slots.
- Your passive skill selections reset. Go choose your Learning passive and the other passive again.
- Set your active Social skill again as well.
- Right click->Account Options->Disable Auto Stat Skill Cycling if you don't want it.
- Your Golden Showers setting will have reset. Fix that if you want.
- Your ignore list reset, if you were using it. You can use /copyignore to copy an alt's ignore list if you want the same on both.
- Your hotbar resets, but your hotkeys do not. You'll need to fix that, again with /copyhotbar for an alt if you have it set up the same.
Here are a few tips for those with specific goals in mind. These are more for those who have previously rerolled and are more experienced with the game:
- If you are rerolling with the intention of just getting to cap so you can start a pilg, just pay attention to what's your quickest stats to level to get to your desired level (85 if no pilgs before, 84 if you've done 1 pilg, etc). For example, if you have a -20% in recovery, then 87/87/87/79 might be faster than a plain 85/85/85/85. Think of the Pilg Optimizer calculator on this site, but for "Pilg 0"
- If you are leveling a melee toon, generally melee->defense->recovery->magic is optimal.
- If you are leveling a non-melee toon, then usually melee/magic->defense->recovery is optimal.
- If you can find someone on their 5th Pilgrimage, they can PL you in Mosslands to cap. Quests aside, this is the easiest and fastest way to PL.
- If you do not have 100 in the Learning skills available to you right after reroll, DO ALL YOUR QUESTS.
- If you DO have 100, then don't waste time with quests, until Learnings become available that you don't have 100 in.
- At level 80, WOW (Weight of Wisdom) becomes available. If you have boon, keep leveling your other skills, but if you don't have boon, this is the skill you should dump quest experience into. The exceptions are if you don't have Cultivation, Advanced Learning, Active Acceleration, or Passive Advancement at 100. Get those to 100 first.
- Not strictly for rerolling, but a nice reminder to have: Learnings are good to advance in batches... do some in one, then in another, etc. But eventually, you will want to get them to 100. The best order for this is Advanced Learning->Cultivation->Perception->Active Acceleration->Rush of Knowledge->Group Acumen->Rollover Cap, then the 3 experience ones in whatever order (Squirehood, Arcane Research, Companionship), then it's your preference on Passive Advancement or the RRT related ones (Extended Study, Afterthought, Time Hoarding), then Weight of Wisdom. Cognizance can be ignored really, though for the sake of completion, feel free.
If you have any comments, feedback, or input, please contact Malc in-game!